Friday, September 17, 2010

If you don't already have plans for this weekend...by which I mean, if you aren't going to the Bourbon Festival...

If you don't already have plans for this weekend...by which I mean, if you aren't going to the Bourbon Festival...try this::::

A few weekends ago the hubby and I (and the dog of course) rented a pontoon boat on Patoka Lake in Hoosier National Forest, just over the river in Indiana. For around $80 (including gas!) we puttered around the lake all day. We fished, we drank, we swam, I drank more because Nick was driving, I swam more because I was drinking so much. You get the picture. It was an amazing time.

It's just about an hour drive(much closer than the oh-so-famous Lake Cumberland) and the lake is lovely.

So pack up the cooler and give it a shot. There might not be many more warm weekends in our future so take advantage of them while they're here!

Patoka Lake: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Patoka+Lake,+IN&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=34.671324,79.013672&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Patoka+Lake&z=13

We rented our boat from here (dog friendly!): http://74.143.26.3/joomla16/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment